College Final Major Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoMM

Hi. I'm just wanting some feedback really, ive started my college FMP which you design and create yourself, ive decided to create an animation in LightWave showing what a Martian colony would look like in 2050, with all the talk of going back to the moon and mars and such, I thought it would make quite a cool project, ive already modelled quite a few things in LW Modeller, (Please bare in mind that 2 months ago, I hadnt used LW in my life) this screenshot is of the min dome where all the houses and living quarters will be housed, and the terrain (done in terragen and imported into LW) this is still very much a work in progress, eventually there will be greenhouses, mars buggy things, lighting, terraforming factories, and it should eventually look cool, heres a screenshot of what it looks like so far (There isnt a proper horizon or anything yet)

Any feedback would be really cool, apart of tha project is getting feedback from people, so ill eventually take a screenshot of this thread and use it in the research part of my project (so no swearing please) :p

Cheers guys :grinthumb

Attachments

• martian_colony_project_dome.jpg
    martian_colony_project_dome.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 25
Well, apparently by 2007 there will be a craft built capable of sending people to mars, by 2015 there will be colonies on the moon, and in 2025. there will be a mission launched using the moon as a stepping stone to get to mars, so i figured that if i did what a martian colony would look like in 2025, there wouldnt be much of a colony, so 25 years after that, we have a bit more development, and that development will be in domes, clearly all futuristic homes are domes, look at the Jetsons for example, everyone lives in domes!!

Also conveyor belts, the Jetsons depicts people commuting via conveyor belts, ill add those in too.

Note : My project is in no way based on the cartoon "The Jetsons"

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Cool stuff...I'm interested in seeing what actually comes to fruition...should be exciting when we actually start building a base on the moon...

ill keep you guys posted on any major progress i make (if your at all bothered).

Im interested in all this talk of going "back" to the moon too, (i own an acre of it) :haha: :haha:

(=DoM=) said:
Well, apparently by 2007 there will be a craft built capable of sending people to mars
(I know this is a very old thread) Just thought I'd say... now that 2007 has rolled around... we don't have anything capable of getting people nearly to mars ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back