Combining two into 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this is a right place to post this, so if it is not, please move it to a more proper place, thank you.

I have two old computers at my house. One of them is Dell Dimension 8100 (1.2 ghz P4, 128 mb ram, 40 GB HDD, some really old graphics card, Windows ME) and the other one is HP Vectra (I think a 900 MHZ P3, 256 mb ram, 20 GB HDD, some 128 mb radeon graphics card, and I don't know what motherboard).

At first, my plan was to combine the two into one, but then I ran into some problems. The first problem was that the HP ram did not fit into the Dell Motherboard. So my first question is wheather there is any adapters or something that I can use to connect the ram to the motherboard.

After I failed in installing the ram on my old Dell, I decided to take the processor out from it and put it onto the HP. Then came another problem. The processor is covered by some plastic green cover and I don't know how to get it to open. So my second question is wheather the P4 processor will work on the HP motherboard, and if it will, how to I get the plastic cover to open on the Dimension 8100.

If you need any more information, just tell me where I can get it, and I will post it here. Thank you for your help.

There is no such thing as a ram addapter. Sorry. You cant use a different type or ram. And a pentium 4 usually won't work on a Pentium 3 motherboard. Sorry. You need to do some serious research on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back