Command And Conquer 3 Shadows problems (not the only game though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickshot

Well, as described in the title, I experienced shadow problems with Command And Conquer 3 and some other games (don't actually remember which ones, but I think they were Real Time Strategy games too).
The problem is simple : the shadows display incorrectly while in the game. I see some kind of squares in them, or should I say, the shadows are made of squares.

Here are some screenshots : http://rapidshare.com/files/66333032/screenshots.rar.html

Graphic Card : ATI Radeon X1600 (with catalyst 7.10 drivers)

I don't really know where does the problem comes from. Can you help me ?

In order to be able to open Rapidshare one must belong and I would venture to guess that most people here aren't members.

That being said I'll venture a guess that you are experiencing artifacts. This can be caused by:

1. Your video card is overheating in gameplay. Make sure your video card fan is spinning and that the cooling is adequate in your system; check all your fans. When you play games there is a greater demand on your card which resuults in more heat.

2. Your video card is dying. I have had it happen to me and there really isn't anything you can do except get a new one. If it is artifacting due to dying the artifacting will get worse.

Can you put the pictures up on Imageshack or googlepages or something?
Have you tried different drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back