Command and Conquer The first decade errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hey guys i duno wether you can help but i may as well try. Ive just bought Command and Conquer The first decade for pc and i seem to have some problems. I really like Tiberium Sun on the CD but when im playing it crashes and comes up with a critical error. I have tryed to uninstall it and repair. Does anyone know how i can sort this out or is it simply an update problem.

Can you give your computer specs?

Have you tried updating, if there are any updates?

Are you overclocking? If you are it may be from overheating.

O yer sorry its a Dell inspiron 1501 with 1gb of ram and AMD Turion 64x2 mobile technology. Ive got a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 video card With windows XP Media centre. O and a DVD drive. If that enough im getting it off the top of my head :p. Its definately not from overheating because its in like a hollow box away from the table and the air has loads of room to escape. Im not to sure about updates i cant seem to find any for the actual First decade but wether or not i have to update the programs individually im not sure

Hope this helps

o great thanks but ive got an always on wireless connection so is it safe to turn of my antivirus and firewall of should i just turn off the antivirus and set Zone LAbs into game mode?

First off, did the patches work? If they did, unless you have lag and/or skip you can't deal with, don't worry about doing those things, simply becuase AVG picked up 2 things from mine while I was playing CS:S.

Good Luck

no the patches didnt work it still comes up with the message when im playing for some reason so does anyone have any other ideas

what is the error saying?
how about the other games in the pack? do they work ok?

i also get some random crashes during CnC95 and RA1 but nothing i worry about.. thats what save game's for.. :D

erm it basically says and internal error has occured please contact Westwood for updates or lates technical support but yer the rest of the games work fine so im miffed really as to what it is. But the odd thing is is ive noticed when it happens it happens when a bomb goes off or a large group of characters attack each other so basically when alot is going on if that helps

hmm.. if its due to large in-game events (big battles etc) then it could be that the stress of animating and calculating everything is too much for your laptop to handle.. especialy since you've got intergrated graphics (somewhat).. or the game itself has a few bugs when it reach that stage...

Try lowering the resolution or visual settings and see if it happens again, or less frequently, maybe test it during some skirmishes or something before you go online and remember to save just before doing something big.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back