Command And Conquer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

I am not sure if I can get any help with this but I loaded Command and Conquer Generals without a problem. I dont get any errors, the game just will not start. I get the first splash screen and then nothing. I had the same game on my old PC and I just built this new one with a AM2 X2 4600 with XP Pro SP2, this might be where my problem is. Any help with this?

Seems pretty odd. So I'm just going to take a stab at it. Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed. The game should have dropped an install for that in the directory you installed it to but if not you can always get it from Microsoft.

Thank you, I did make sure I had the most up to date DirectX installed prior to installing the game. This is why I am stuck, any other ideas of what it could be?

I am not sure how to go about doing that, I was just looking in the add remove programs and DirectX is not listed so I ran the setup again I have DirectX 9 but It is still not listed in the add remove programs. Is this a problem?

Probably not. It may be listed under Add/Remove Windows Components, or maybe you can't even remove it once it is installed.

Go to wherever you installed the game to and right click on the exe of the actual game, then there is a compatability tab. You may also see if there are any patches to the game online (good luck finding them, EA's site is terrible).

Alright, I tried running it in 98 mode and the splash screen pops up for a second and goes away. I am totaly lost. I did look for any patches or updates and found nothing. This game worked perfect till I went to this new computer. Thank you for your help if there is anything else you can think of please let me know.

http://www.ea.com/official/cc/generals/us/demos.jsp is the patch. You want 1.03 unless you have Zero Hour then you want 1.04. If that doesn't fix it I'm out of suggestions for now.

Or maybe the 1.8 further down the page, I'm not sure and the site doesn't do a very good job explaining. If either work, I'd immediately try to connect online with the game so it downloads the latest patch automatically.

It wouldn't hurt any to get the latest driver for your video card either.

Wow Still the splash screen shows up and nothing else after all that. I open the task manager and it shows not responding. I did all the updates I could do, Video card game and not a thing has changed. Do you have any other ideas I am out as well?

TIA

I have done that about 8-10 times and restarted after each one.

Is there something I have to do for running a 64 bit processor?

I finally got it, The problem was me. I started the game and waled away for 5 min and came back and the game was up. I guess all I needed to do was be patient. Now the game starts fine no problem. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back