Well, i have a comp that i built myself for my cousin. specs:
asus p4p800e deluxe mobo
intel p4 3.0 ghz
kingston (2x512) 1gb of ram in dual channel
ati radeon 9600
160gb maxtor sata hdd
cd-rw/dvd-rom combo
onboard sound and ethernet

ok so the problem is that whenever the comp is shut off and when u try to turn it back on, the computer's fans and lights and everything load BUT the bios nor the os boots. the screen gives me a no signal message. but if i try to shut off and restart the computer sometimes like one out of 15 tries the computer boots flawlessly like normal with no other problems. at first i thought it might be th e psu cuz the voltage ratings were a little low so i bought and installed a new antec truepower 2.0 400w psu form newegg.
now i installed it and made all teh right connections by giving the fans a separate line and the hdd with a separate line and the optical and floppy drives with their own line. i plugged in the psu fan line (blue&black) into the mobo's power fan connector. when everything was done i loaded the comp and it booted as normal but i went into teh bios menu to check the fan rpms of the processor and power fan and to check the voltage. voltage seemed to be ok, the cpu fan was about 6000 rpm (thermaltake manual adjust knob) but the power fan was below 1200 rpm. the bios highlighted this number in red. it was between 1100-1200 no thing above this range. im worried maybe the psu ws defective or somthing bcuz it shouldnt be this low i would guess.

would it be better to connect the power fan with a separate molex connector rather then the mobo connection?

and there is one more potential suspect: the keyboard. its seems that the power cord coming out of the keyboard is faulty. u have to have the line pressed down to the side of the keyboard so the keyboard has power in it. i opened up the board but there seem to be no problems with the wiring. i guess the problem is in the insulated part of the cord. its like u have to wiggle the cord in a certain position so it will work. i can tell this because the the keyboard lights turn on and off if not in the right position. ill try to load wihtout keyboard and see if that helps. but can a keyboard casue these not-booting problems?

thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back