Comp not recognizing drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealjet

hey guys, i built a computer for a frienda few months back and he just told me that his cd drive stopped reading. He picked up another cd burner and its not reading either.... I took it to my house and just looked at it fora second, swapped the ide cables but i am so busy with work and schol i dont have time to really trouble shoot it. The drives will open close and the activity lights work but the computer does not recognize them. Any help is appreciated as i dont have alot of time to play with it right now...

What OS did you use?
This very easy to fix..

Master Primary HD 0 - Boot HD running Windows XP
Slave Promary HD 1
Master Secondary 0 - CD/DVD/RW
Slave Secondary 1

Works best, if you build something else like Raid SATA drives, you got to say what you did build. Also find sometime to troubleshoot this problem. Start in the system BIOS to see if that can see the Optical drive.

sorry about that. Im running an athlon 3700 with 1 gig ram on an asus a8n-sli deluxe. The cd drive is just ide while the hard drive is SATA. Ill check the bios 2morrow and drop you guys a line on if i fixed it yet. Thanks for the help and drop me any more comments you think will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back