Comp Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my comp for about a year... and now everytime i try to play a game or sometimes even word or internet my comp will restart... i had someone come over and look at bios, nothing is overclock, but my comp is still restarting... i have a radeon 9800 pro v.c. and a a8v deluxe (asus) i cannot figure out the problem, i had another fan instaled a zantec or something like that, but i do not no if it is overheating or something wrong with my hardware, if u can please give me some solutions so i can try to fix my problem, thx

First off Hello and Welcome to Techspot.

Overheating would most defiantly a consideration. You should first check the temps of your PC at idle and at load.

You can get a program that will monitor the Temp of your CPU, I like speedfan because it is very simple and allows you (in most cases) to look at the SMART on your HDD etc. It can be found HERE Download it and run it and report back on the temps. Then you need to test your PC at Load temps. Download CPU-Burn-In found HERE Run it at the same time as Speedfan for 2 minutes or so and it will tell you the max temp.

You may also want to look into cleaning your case out. Depending on how often you do it, there could be a nice layer of dust around your CPU.

Sean

I have to agree with AtK SpAdE about overheating. Dust is an enemy and a killer. I run a computer shop out of my home and I'd have to say that at least 10% (if not more) of the problems that I've encountered from customers is dust. Dust will accumulate on all the fans and slow them down which causes them to incorrectly cool the system down. I've seen some so bad that after cleaning them out, I'm left with a pile of dust bunnies that rival the cannister of a bagless vacuum cleaner. You just have to be careful when cleaning them out, especially the power supply. A can of air, a nice soft computer brush (camel hair) and a Q Tip works wonders. I try to clean my personal computers out at least twice a year. This will add longevity to your system and save you headaches and money in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back