Comp refusing to identify XP disk after License argreement (f8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new comp from newegg.com and finished the hardware installment to the cha. Its a Asus with AMD 3800 X2 and a SATA Drive. I spotted it and then checked for the post. All worked fine. Then I poped in the xp pro...it does its usuall check of the hardware and junk and then takes me to the blue prompt window that asks if you wish to install. Thats a yes and then I agree to license agreement and then it gets weird. After this, it should take me to the partion window but instead I get a message telling me there is no previous version of windows, please insert a windows cd. I press enter but I get taken to the next window that tells me to that my cd is either invalid or scratched (its neither, I used only 2 months ago on an old machine) and then asks to insert the cd and press enter. It continues to take me back to this window endlessly.

A little help would be nice on this one. This machine must be up in 48hours. Thanx.

If this is an upgrade disk instead of a full version then it wants a Win98, ME or Win2000 disk to be put in the drive to verify that you have a full version of windows that you are upgrading from. if this is a full version then either the disk is damaged or your drive is defective. try cleaning the disk or try using another optical drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back