Comp restarts when playing World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckizzlestick

My comp runs fine when playing World of Warcraft. but there are ocassions when my comp restarts out of no where thou. but i just brushed it off and kept on playing. but recently i had a warlock teleport me to Ironforge, and now, after the loading screen comes up, i get a quick glimpse of Ironforge before my comp restarts. i tried loading warcraft up again, and logging back on the character, but the same thing happens: runs fine until after the loading is finished and right when it loads where i am (ironforge) my comp restarts. (fyi: i dont know if this helps any but, Ironforge is the main city and has alot of traffic and lag).

i run:
-windows xp home edition
-GIGABYTE GA-K8NU-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
-PNY VCG6800GXPB Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BIBOX
-PNY Optima 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model D1GBPC32-G5KIT

im so frustrated, please help
i dont know much about comps, but im thinking drivers may be the problem, and i dont know a thing about them

i also have been reading other similar threads. (one issue thou, you all are talking about the 6600 video card, i have a 6800, dont know if that makes a diff.) i do have the 4pin power connected, and i double checked. i did touch the card, and it was warm, but not too hot, but hot enough for a noob like me to worry.

*UPDATE 2*

ok, so i go on a different character (mainly because it is not in ironforge) and i lower all the graphics, and turn off all the vertex shadings and whotnots. i go back to the character in Ironforge, then the damn thing loaded. so im running around thinking i fixed it and thinking how messed up that i bought a real expensive video card and i cant use it to its full potential, then 10 secs of it running fine, my comp reboots. ARGH!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What psu do you have, and is it putting out enough power for your system?

Take a look at this psu wattage calculator HERE just remember to add another 30% onto whatever figure it gives you.

You might also want to test your ram. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i went to the site, and it says i need 333W (with the 30%, so it would be 434W)

i have a:
-Thermaltake Silent Purepower W0010 ATX 480W Power Supply

Have you tested you ram yet?

If not, do so.

If that doesn`t help. zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Instuctions for testing your ram, and posting your minidumps, can be found in the link I gave you above.

Regards Howard :)

i cant figure out how to use the memtest....i dled the zip version of memtest+ so i can extract it, and burn in on a cd (since i dotn have a floppy drive), but its being gay. i dl it on my desktop, i open the zip, then theres is another zip file in it, and i open that, but theres nothing in that.

i dont think its my ram thou, my semi-comp literate friend doesnt think its memory either...but im still considering it being the case, and still looking into it.....but, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back