Comp running slow think i hav malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivmister

hey i think i might have some sort of malware, virus or something. i feel as if my comp is running pretty slow. also, i cannot connect to itunes store. it is saying i need to check my network connection. ive tried reloading the software multiple times, ive changed every possible setting i can think of, but nothing works. it worked one day and the next it stopped working. i have a hp dv6149. i am running windows xp media center edtion. i hav attached the logs requested below. if i am missing something plz let me know. plz help me.

thank you,
shivmister
EDIT:I also forgot to tell u about the panda antirootkit. it did not find anything as weel as the avg antirootkit.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine, then uninstall AVG Antispyware.

Your HJT log is clean.

However, you should have HJT fix this entry, if you don`t recognise the domain.

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{342BED9A-8D49-45F4-BEFB-A4BD70BC087A}: Domain = fabrikam.com

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\Program Files\wt3d.ini

Folder::
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution.old

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of shivmister only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thank you for the promp reply howard. i did everything above, but the combo fix program surprised me when it started deleting allot of stuff. here are both the combo fix log and highjack this report like you requested. can you explain to me what the actions you told me to do did for me on my comp? Thank you again!
-shivmister

All clean.

Click start/run and type combofix /u into the run box and hit the enter key. That should delete Combofix and all it`s folders etc.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of shivmister only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

k ty very much

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back