Compaq laptop compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My name's Todd and I've just got a quick question. How compatible is a Compaq Armada 3500 to a Compaq Armada M700? I don't have spec sheets for both so I can't compare them but if someone is familiar with both models, I'd be glad to get an answer.

My old Armada 3500 is slowly dying and in terms of hardware, are the 3500 and M700 compatible? For example, if I were to load the hard disk, RAM, keyboard, etc. into an M700, would I have physical compatibility issues such as parts not fitting, irregular plugs and ports, etc.? Because all I'm really trying to do is use a somewhat expendable laptop and then replace its core components for cheap prices.

Thanks for the help!

--Todd

There laptops are from fundamentally different generations.

You can probably transfer the hard drive, since ATA is backwards and forward compatible. AC adapter and cable may work too. Optical drive and/or floppy, maybe. Anything else will probably not fit.

more than likely there will be very little to salvage on a laptop. Almost certainly, the RAM will be different and the CPU incompatible. You might be able to salvage the HD as an external or maybe even an internal, but it wouldn't be worth it as it is probably a very slow drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back