Compaq Pocket PC-touch screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLx/P

Does anyone use the Compaq Pocket PCs? If so are you having problems with sceen alignment? I just bought mine (5400 series, I think) about 3 months ago. Worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now what you touch on the sceen is not accessed. The techs at the Compaq helpless desk told me that the problem is 'dust' getting between the screen and the case/housing. To simply use some compressed air and blow it around the housing. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It works great after I use the restore option for about a day. Then it starts acting up again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Not knowing much about PDA's or touch screens, I would do what the Compaq Help Desk told you to do.

I don't see any harm coming to your PDA if you were to do such a thing, compressed air is a very efficient way to clear dust away from sensitive surfaces and components; I use it all the time inside my machine.

I would get a second opinion before you do anything I just mentioned, as I said, I have no experience nor knowledge about touch screen displays or PDA's. I hope that you find the solution to this problem quickly, Good Luck :grinthumb !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back