Compaq presario - Windows vista - upgrading the RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this laptop which has AMD Turion processor and it comes with 512 mb RAM and Windows Vista OS. Wanted to upgrade the RAM and tried adding Kingston 1gb stick.
After installing the RAM and rebooting, i opened the windows explorer, I see that the window closing button (in red color) gets distorted. If i take the mouse over that button, the red color spills out of the boundary of that button. Generally some icons gets distorted.

If this is the problem with RAM what RAM can i use (Am planning to try using Transcend RAM also).
Or is it the problem with the operating system ?
Is it a good idea to continue using this RAM if the display issue is acceptable ?

thanks
Indra

It is kind of in the air. Could be the memory, you might want to check and make sure that it is the same speed ect. Or it could be vista. I personally wont buy vista for a couple more months, let them work the bugs out and make more compatible drivers for all my devices. That n it might get cheaper.

got a workaround

I accidentally got a solution to this. I had to change the color schemes to "Windows Basic" from "Windows Standard". thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back