Status
Not open for further replies.
This computer is a 5330US, compaq Preserio 5000 Series running the following
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 1.7 GHz
512 MB SyncDRAM Total Memory
80GB UltraDMA Hard Drive
12X Max DVD-ROM Drive
12X Max CD-RW Drive
64MB nVidia GeForce2 MX Graphics Card ( TV-OUT )
Compaq Smart Credit Card Internet Keyboard
10/100 Ethernet
Compaq Internet Scroll Mouse
Windows XP Home ( with all up dates )

When turning on the computer, there is no KeyBoard, No Mouse, no Beeps, no monitor, no sound, The cpu fan is running, The power supply fan is running, The CD-ROMS fire, or the lights on them come on then go off, The Hard drive does not run.
I have tryed unpluging the power cord, and powering down, then I tryed to reboot after plugging the cord back in,
I think the Load Capacitors on the mother board are bad,
The power Supply connecter, the P3 Cable to the mother board has 12v.
And the Power cable to the Hard drive and CD-Roms have 12v.
The floppy or A:\ Drive shows 5volts, ??
Is the Mother Board Dead ??

Anyhelp ???
Thanks Fred

Could Be !
That machine 3.5- 4 yrs Old????
You ever done a total house(case) cleaning- Strip the cards and HDD,etc, down to scratch>clean card terminals with erasers>blow case and components out with air and carefully vacumn if necessary(DO NOT GROUND ANY PARTS) > install a new CMOS battery .
Now start to check items one at a time. First with Mb,ram ,vid crd See if you can get to BIOS screens> then progress to HDD's etc.
Ofcourse if any test level fails you have a good idea of what is wrong .

Oh yea>Welcome to Techspot

yes the CMOS Battery was checked and it has a full 3 volts, So I know its good, Also I removed all boards and cables and cleaned them, Also I used a board cleaner, that removes grease and or finger prints, and it doesnt leave any Residue, ( a little trick I learned in the Army ) Also I ran the CPU in a Different Computer, Ran just fine, I checked with Compaq and they Dont have this board ( 246858-002 ), I was told this board is no longer Available, how ever if I send the Computer in, They can repair or upgrade the MotherBoard, Thanks For Your Help, I guess its time to Gut the board out and see what I can see.

Ofcourse they can FIX it ! I wonder how much that would cost? It sounds like you could update the Mb with out them.Just be mindful of fit problems with proprietary Cases etc.
Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back