Complete manual on how to put together a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmboy5

On another forum, some ***** wants to try putting together his own custom PC...

his first try was screwed...
he had a Celeron/PIII mobo, RDRAM, and an AMD Athlon 2200+:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i tried to explain everything (he had a hard time believing mobos have a max ram limit...:rolleyes: )
it turns out im not simple enough, im already getting a headache, can you people put together a good manual on how to do it, or give a nice site for it?

To answer your question, search Google for one. Countless others have been made and someone here doesn't really need to waste their time to write one up.

Heh, spoke too soon, we do have one, but it doesn't really delve into the down and dirty details of assembling your own PC, more of a suggestions thread to people who already know how -> Tips for builders

Originally posted by palmboy5

he had a Celeron/PIII mobo, RDRAM, and an AMD Athlon 2200+:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i tried to explain everything (he had a hard time believing mobos have a max ram limit...:rolleyes: )
it turns out im not simple enough, im already getting a headache, can you people put together a good manual on how to do it, or give a nice site for it?

Some people are just too hard to convince, in other words they are stubborn. What they personally feel is always right on their part. It's a good thing you didn't lose you patience.

I wouldn't worry too much about technical disagreements with someone who tried to pair an Intel CPU based board with an AMD CPU.... I've met these types before, they know nothing but try to pretend that they know it all. They usually make fundamental mistakes. Like one guy I knew always called a drive a "file", and would not listen to reason that he was wrong. Don't waste your time with such a person. They are not worth the effort. There's plenty more computing knowledge to gain for yourself with your precious time.

Thank you. Feel free to ask any questions you have about computers. We're here to help :)

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

palmboy5 said:

he had a Celeron/PIII mobo, RDRAM, and an AMD Athlon 2200+:eek:

did u ever end up helping that person on the other site, or did u give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back