Compliments to everyone at TECHSPOT

DonNagual

I just have to say how impressed I am with the TECHSPOT community here. I have ventured to a few other forums every once and a while, and the majority of them are filled with kids tossing out insults and attitude.

Here, we stick to the facts, and genuinely CARE about supporting other PC enthusiasts.

So, cheers everyone for making this place what it is!

DonNagual said:
I just have to say how impressed I am with the TECHSPOT community here. I have ventured to a few other forums every once and a while, and the majority of them are filled with kids tossing out insults and attitude.

Here, we stick to the facts, and genuinely CARE about supporting other PC enthusiasts.

So, cheers everyone for making this place what it is!
Very true donnagul techspot has helped me with so many problems and offered so much info, and techspot is truely an exelent place

cheers

An Open Letter to TS

One year and one month ago, my computer knowledge consisted of:
1. I knew the difference between a CRT and an LCD.
2. I had noticed that some keyboards and mices had no cords.

I decided to buy a system, and learn, so I went to the local Fry's, and bought a Compaq bundle. I began a voracious learning search, but, as I was technologically illiterate, it was first limited to the "presario chat" at HP. I eventually moved on to googling for answers to my curiosity, and began upgrading along the lines of my interest- a sound card (actually, three, before I was happy), then a TV tuner ( haven't figured that one out yet), then memory expansion, etc. As of three months ago, virtually all vestiges of that bundle disappeared, and I type to you now on my Hewybilt, and my mom has her own Hewybilt, put together with various leavings from my upgrades.

My point is this: two months ago, I discovered this site at the perfect time, as I was having difficulties with a BIOS business. Iam thankful more than I will say here.

Some of yas is crusty, some of yas can condescend, some of yas is humorous (Toffeapple springs to mind), and some of yas can be almost combative---- but everyone sincerely tries to help us poor newbies. I cannot thank you all enough for the education, enlightenment, tips and tricks (and the frequent grins).
It's a great site; far superior to others I have visited, and yas should all be proud! Merry Happy Chrismahanukwaanzakah to you all!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :giddy:

yea thanks techspot i came here one lonely night when i was looking for help on a custom computer. after learning about many things i decided i had to put my computer dream on hold and work to up my budget. thank you for this great site techspot and don u have given me alot of help to. thanks to both of u guys especially. and everyone at techspot

I agree with hewybo wholeheartedly!! I am able to help someone very infrequently, but I learn something new almost every time I check the site. I really appreciate all the help I have received since starting here.

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Jeff

Back