Computer behaving badly! - Should I throw it out or is there a way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

OK, here is my problem.
The computer just has a mind of its own. It starts and shut downs as it wants. the PC us usually on 1-2min than it starts to shut down normally. Most of the time to PC is on 10-20sec before it shuts down or restarts. Here what I did:
-I took out everything that is not essential for basic computer running.
-I have bought a mew PSU.
-I have reseted CMOS.
-I have tried to reinstall windows, but it managed to shut down after 3min into installation.
-I have also cleaned it out (dust and crap...)
What could be wrong?

what wattage psu do you have?
Cos looking at your system spec you have 5 x hdd's, 2 x rom drives and 9 x fans ?????!!!! WTF!!?!?!??
Talk about overkill!
So did you disable everything but your bootup hdd and 1 x rom drive?
Have you checked the temps in the bios?
Have you unplugged ALL the needless fans?

Wrong Computer. Mine is fine, so far. My dad's is going south. He has 450W. I don't relay think that the temp is a problem. The PC is open and exposed to air conditioned room. I cant even get to bios long enough to do anything; 99% of the time.

I did keep the pc of for an entire day, but same effect. RAM is not a problem. I have switched it twice and same result. Originally I have thought that the CPU was the problem too, but that does not explain why the PC turns on immediately after it shuts down (bios is not set to do that).

of course; here is the complete list of devices plugged into mobo:
-main hard drive, with no windows on it anymore
-one dvd rom
-floppy drive
-CPU
-single RAM stick
-PSU,
-keyboard and mouse

a bit off the wall, perhaps, but check that the cables to the front panel are OK not shorting against the chassis anywhere. I had one of these and traced it to the reset cable earthing out to the chassis.
Otherwise, check for damaged capacitors and/or reset the BIOS

i think you should take the entire m'board out of the casing, place it outside and plugged in all necessary components, run and test.

I have found the problem everybody. You know when people say the most difficult problems have the simplest solutions? Well it is true. The power button is faulty, that caused the PC to turn on and off. It also explain why the PC went through normal shu down procedure those times when it got to the desktop. Feel free to laugh at me, it took me only 3 days to figure out to replace the switch!
Thanks to all who joined me and tried to help me.
-Pioneer

does albertlionheart get a cookie for being 'nearest to the pin'?

Glad you got it sorted mate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back