Computer blackscreening

Status
Not open for further replies.

jephph

High, my computer blackscreens often when i'm surfing the net. It is even more apt to blackscreen when I'm running Illustrator at the same time. The screen turns black and the green light on my monitor turns orange, but the computer stays on, but I can't do anything but restart the computer. I've only recently been getting error reports from microsoft. Here are the error codes: BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 85563598 BCP2 : 84026590

BCP3 : F7C62CB4

BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0

Product : 256_1

And here are some minidumps. If someone could check them out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps are crashing at your videocard drivers. They all have a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try uninstalling your videocard drivers, then reinstall with the latest ATI drivers.

If that doesn`t help, then it looks like you may have a faulty videocard.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest catalyst drivers. I'll try a different vid card soon. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back