Computer crashes/BSOD`s/Sata problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you do!

Short version: Computer gives me a BSOD with stop 0x00008086 error after installing a new sata disk. Dump files attached. Help MUCH appriciated.

Long version: My computer was overheated so I figured I would buy some new fans and while I was doing that I might as well get a new hdd.

My rig:

P4 3.06Ghz (prescott core)
2GB DDR ram
Geforce 6800GT
Abit motherboard (i915P chipset, not sure of actual motherboard name... AG8?)
2x WD Raptor hdd in raid
1x Samsung SpinPoint 250gb hdd

After installing my new fans (one zalman vf-700 for GPU and one Nexus Real Silent 120mm for my case) and my hard drive (Samsung Spinpoint one) everything was fine and dandy.

Suddenly I get a blue screen while filling up my new hdd. Later on that night I get another one. I try to recreate the error but it just wont show again. Yesterday I stresstested my system with prime 95 nothing happened, I downloaded in 6mb/s, uploaded in 1.13mb/s, opened 5 movies, played winamp and moved files on the HDD. Still no blue screen. I then figured I was out in the clear. And boom! Blue screen. Today I got another one, and it was not while I stress tested it. I was just downloading some.

The error I get is ***stop 0x00008086

I have attached the dump files and if someone can help me, ill have your babies.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at your sata driver iaStor.sys.

Try updating/reinstalling the driver and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Cool! Thanks! One question though if you will. Do I just download the file from: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr..._Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=10749 and click install?

Im a complete novice when it comes to computers, a friend helped me set this one up. When I read the read me file for the installation it says:

"5.1 General Installation Notes

1. If you are installing the operating system on a system
configured for RAID or AHCI mode, you must pre-install
the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager driver using the
F6 installation method described in section 5.3."

Skipping to section 5.3:

"1. Extract all driver files from the installation package.
See Section 7.2 for instructions on extracting the
files.

2. Create a floppy containing the following files in the root
directory:
iaAhci.inf, iaAhci.cat,
iaStor.inf, iaStor.cat,
iaStor.sys, and
TxtSetup.oem.

3. At the beginning of the operating system installation, press F6
to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver."

I am running the raptor disks in raid I know that much. But haven't the installation under 5.3 already been done on my system? Since the raid disks are functional I mean...

Unfortunately I can`t help you there.

I`ve never used a sata drive in my life and know absolutely nothing about them.

Normally when a driver is referenced in a minidump it needs to be updated/reinstalled. How you go about this in your case I don`t know.

Other members will be able to advise you better than I.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back