Computer crashes. Have reformatted and changed ram, still crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer started crashing when I would try to run Norton AV :mad: . Then it started crashing when viewing pictures and videos. Took to repair shop and they could only find some spyware. I told that that everything was backed up so to just refomat. They also tested my ram and said it was fine in the testing but suggested changing it if the problem continued. It started crashing agian soon after getting it home. I replaced my ram and it still crashes. However yesterday I did get a successful virus scan.. everything looked fine with that. It is and Asus bourd, AMD 2200, Win XP with all the current windows updates. Any help would be appreciated.

PS
I had this problem a year ago and it seemed that replaceing a ram stick fixed it. When researching that someone suggested it could be the cache on the mother board. Could that be possible?

Boyd

hey dude i got a thing u can do first of all start the computer in safe mode then run your antivirus program and scan
next if there are any viruses that have been found you can then remove them
once done reboot and try scaning again but in normal mode to see if the problem has been fixed

Is your computer over heating? It seems when you try to run processor heavy programs it dies.... Clean your fans and post back here

it seems that it's not a software problem cuz u said u formatted and u have a backup!!!! check your backup maybe it has the virus unless it's trusted CDs so check the CPU fan and that it's attached to tightly on the CPU then check your power supply if it wasn't then check your motherboard for any burnt transistors (sometimes it could 2 trans) and post back here :)

A year later

I fixed it! I fixed it.
I just bought a new computer. It seems that was the problem.

Before throwing it away I tried everything suggested with no improvements. I even checked and clean the fan. I installed 2 more case fans and still no improvement. I did prove it was overheating though. I would blow a hair dryer near the cpu fan and it would go down.

But it's gone and I have a shiny new one now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back