Computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I am having a problem over the last few days. When I load blank CDs or DVDs into my DVD writer the computer crashes. If I leave the disc in the drive I can copy to it. Windows Media Player does not recognise the media as blank and ask me to load blank CD or DVD.
At the blue screen Im told that windows has shut down to prevent damage etc, etc I also get the following tech info
0x0000008e(0x0000005,0x806ee753,0xf02ccd28,0x0000000). The report gets sent to Microsoft website but there is no help here, Can any help?

Frustrated
Rgds Ken

I think you should at least update your DVD-rom drivers. If it won't help try to repair your burning software. Hope it will help.

Where exactly is he going to find DVD-ROM drivers? There is no need for drivers, infact I don't think most (any?) drive manufacturers release Windows drivers because Windows uses a generic driver for all DVD drives. If you start downloading stuff that is drivers and installing you are just asking for more problems.

Perhaps you meant Firmware. That would be an acceptable answer.

Yes it has to be firmware... A new combo CD/DVD writer is not that expensive either, unless it's for a laptop

Thanks for the reply
I have updated the firmware and havesent a mail to toshiba regarding the problem. I got a cd wrietr and tried it and it works OK, it looks like it the DVD writer itself.

Rgds Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back