Computer crashing under stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this started a couple of weeks ago actually:

Whats happening, is it seems that whenever my computer is operating under a bit of stress, it will shut down. Not restart, just shut down completely. It has been happening during City of Villains, and when trying to render in 3dsmax.

So far, i've run Memtest86, and a whole heap of other diagnostics things that are in the Dexters thingo, and they found no errors. I've swapped out the RAM and Video Card and still had the same problem. I've replaced the Power Supply, and still have the same problem.

I found that installing the CATALYST drivers that came with my video card allows City of Villains to run, but i still get the problem when rendering. I'm pretty sure it is not a problem with overheating, as everything seems to be running fairly cool. (Other catalyst drivers i've installed are: 5.9, 5.10, 6.2) i'm not sure what version the outdated drivers i'm using are, but they're from back in 2004 some time.

It had been running fine, then suddenly this problem started occuring. I've formatted my harddrive and reinstalled everything, and the problem still persists. I'm taking it to somewhere that can help me swap out the motherboad and CPU (i got no spare ones of those here) sometime this week.

I was just playing City of Villains, and instead of shutting down completely, it restarted and gave me a minidump, so i was hoping if i upload it to here, someone might be able to help me out.

Computer Details:
Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
1Gb DDR RAM
ABIT Radeon 9600XT VIO video card
2x 120Gb Hard Drives
DVD/CD Combo Drive
Soundblaster Live video card

thats all i know off the top of my head. There's only been the 1 minidump since the format, so thats all i have to upload sorry.

any help would be greatly appreciated

It`s difficult to be sure from just one minidump.

Your minidump crashes at ntkrnlmp.exe. This is a Windows nt & kernel system file. The owning process is stopsignav.exe, which is part of the eAcceleration software suite programme. This programme is rated as usless. You minidump has a bugcheck of C5.

Uninstall the eAcceleration software suite, and see if it helps.

0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back