Computer Crashing With Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and come for some advice. I am in a bit of a bind with my computer seeing as it has been constantly crashing lately. I can generally fix any problem I have with my computer, although my reasons problem are somewhat undetectable for me.
About a month ago my computer was restarting literally everytime I get to the windows XP login screen. I restarted the computer serveral times but it consistly did the same thing. Even in safe mode I had problems.
As of recently, the computer is now starting up but the moment I dial up the the internet and it connects my computer restarts. No blue screen or anything of the sort.

Nothing on my computer has really changed, I thought I might have been infected with a virus that had a rootkit but I have found nothing. Aside from that my brother may have messed with my computer.

Computer specs:

AMD Antholon(tm) XP 2600+
version ASUS A7N8X

Not sure what other specs you need. If anyone can give any advice I would appreciate it. I suppose I should probably get the information from the minidump and system error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back