These are the best specs i remember about my comp

its a custom built
AMD athlon 1.8gz
2X 512 DDR PC2700 me
forgot about the motherboard
nvidia 6200 GF 256 graphics
200GB seagate harddrive

Situation
I was playing world of warcraft. Suddenly the screen blacked out and loud static noises started coming out of my speakers. The computer then after 5 seconds of ringing. just powered down. When i recovered my
self from shock and powered the computer on. the computer powers on. all the lights work. the Dimm light indicator on the mother board is on. but it doesn not boot up. theres no display on the monitor. and the computer does not make all the boot up noise it usually has. computer just powers and runs. but no boot up. Wat could be the reason of this issue?

I let the computer cool down. but same thing happen. Just power and no boot. No beeping noise either. Please someone save me.

thank you

could be alot of things the first thing I would susspect is that the CPU has failed. you could try troubleshooting it by stripping off all the components except the CPU and try then power on. shut down unplug add ram, power on, and continue until you start getting beeps, whiivh would indicate it is trying to boot.

Not to interfere with what iss is saying, but, after that, if you can swap out the power supply and try another one, maybe borrowed from a friend if you dont have an extra on hand. My guess is the power supply has died on you, its common when running hi-tech games as that is when there is a lot of stress on the power supply. And especially if the power supply is a no-name, generic unit that came with the case. You didnt mention your power supply so i guess its a generic cheapie.
But then again, with all that stress that is also when a cpu can die on you, i just think that more power supplies will die than cpu's, lol.

i have had this kinda a problems 3 or 4 times. AND EVERY TIME it was a Power Supply(SMPS) problem.....first change SMPS and check it and if it doesnt work then think over CPU failures....

erm, this post is from 06/02/2006. I think the poster has probably fixed his issue by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back