Computer does not power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

This is my first thread so please oblige if I dont comply with any of the rules and guidelines of Techspot.

I have a computer with following specifications:

Celeron 3.2 GHZ Processor
256 MB DDR RAM
40 GB Hard disc.

The problem is that my computer does not start at all. Only the Monitor LED blinks, thats it. Even the CPU Fan stays off.
I tried to Unplug the Power supply and tried it at different Power points, but the problem still persists. Also I changed the RAM slot hoping it would help.

Could anyone Please suggest a solution for this problem?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Two causes that spring to mind are, either your psu is dead, or your mobo has given up the ghost.

Take a look at this thread HERE. It will help you to check to see if your psu is dead.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Before you buy a new power suppy unit check the simple things like are all the power cable in your comp seated correctly and is the power button connected properly. I have even had a problem like this were the button was broken.

1) Jumper the 2 +/- pins for the front panel button with a screwdriver or a wire (or a jumper if you have some more) for a second. If your pc turns on, then your button is broken.
2) Go to the thread Howard mentioned and check that your PSU isn't blown. If it is, replace it.
3) If you're up to here, I'm 98% it's your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back