Computer feels slow + SATA HDD format (Plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
right i have a number of problems with my pc and i duno what i did to get em (lol noobish i know but bear with me)

right firstly when i start up the pc it takes over a min to load msn(which is auto startup) and the taskbar is normally frozen.

secondly the pc is generaly runnin very slow at all things

3rd how do i go about formatting a sata drive- i tried with the windows xp cd from startup but it only installs the os i think not format it(just to try to see if this helps)

any help would rule

- Please use proper thread titles
Didou

If your Hard Drive manufacturer gave you a cd, it should have a formatting program on it. Boot from disk before you boot up ur system. If you don't have a cd. Go to your HD manufactures website. They should have something you could use to reformat on their website, you could download it from them.

thanx m8 ill have a look but the samsung site aint exactly good lol n e ideas on the rest o the probs or u recon this will sort it all out?

1 and 2 could probably be because of spyware. Download Spybot S&D (see downloads) and Ad-Aware (same place). For number 3, the disk that came with the HD should work, but you could format with format if you had the drivers. Just boot to a floppy and format your SATA drive.

P.S. Please make an effort to spell properly... it really bugs me :D

oem

yup the harddrive i baught was oem so i got no disks/manuals and the manual from the site is an instilation guide to a ide hard drive :p

ps sorry for the bad spelling but im severally dyslexic so spelling is bad

Sorry, I worded that wrong, I don't mean things like typing this as thsi accidentally once in a while. The whole "r u guing to teh mall l8tr?" thing is what bugs me. It's nothing major, it just makes posts easier to read when there's not a lot of slang and abbreviations.

/me exits rant mode

woot the pc is now running fine as. thanks for the help. turns out that it was my network card- i dont know why as iv had it in for ages. so anyway thaks for the help on formatting guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back