Computer flashes a blue screen with a bunch of error msgs and restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer is to be honest a p.o.s but its fairly reliable until i start gaming

type= presario 2100
os= windows xp service pack 2
3d card= avg 64mb
ram= 190mb with 4gigs of virtual

ive tried playing some higher end games basically not gonna happen boot it up computer flashes a blue screen with a bunch of error msgs and restarts
i can play middle games alright but for extended periods of time the same thing happens any help would be greatly apperciated (its not like im trying to play games that require 512mb of ram the highest i even bother trying is 256mb)

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

could be;
outdated drivers, temp issues, general compatibility issues.
4 gig of virtual ram???? with 256mb system ram, using 64mb for video, leaving you 192mb?
Virtual ram would usually be 1.5-2x your physical memory, not nearly 20x!!
Alter your page file to the recommended setrtings and see if it makes a diff. Its probably slowing the pc down. Adding physical ram is the much better option
What are the msgs and alerts that you get?

i honestly couldnt tell u it flashes for half a second you get a glimpse thats about it and as for the virtual ram i set it so high so i could componsate for the lack of physical memory and i cant buy more of that because its rare where i live and has to be ordered i tried ordering it and it took 3 months cost 300 dollars and didnt even arrive the store just refunded me the money

ooo and i also have updated my drivers fairly recently a few months ago but the games ive been trying to play r at least a year old

well apperently for these computers they use some "rare" ram no one else uses and no one carries cause my quote for the ram from circuit city was around 300 dollars canadian for a 512 mb ram card i dont remember the number for it tho.... its been awhile

Without you saying what model you have we'll never know.

Just remember that XP uses about 60% of the ram you now have which leaves a small amount for anything else.

That large swap file doesn't do you any good when the ram is the bottleneck.

gl to ya

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back