Computer Frankinstiening gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need your help.

call me an ***** or what ever, but i totally messed my computer up.
i found this computer outside by my apartment. It was just missing a hard drive so i my existing hard drive into it and it booted up. I was un happy with the set up because it didn't recognize my CD drive so i switched everything back to my computer and now my computer wont start up or anything. I hit power and all i get is a humming noise from the power supply and all the 3 leds on front light on. The hard drive isn't on nor is the CD drive.

i really need your help big time. i'm sort of new to this computer modding stuff and probably wont understand alot of the more complex lingo you guys use. but i'll try my best. It's a pentium celeron 500mhz running 98se.
thanks in advance.

ps i'm on my sister's computer typing this.

well if it was a thown away computer it could have been quite a few things wrong with it.

You could have had a bad ground in it and shorted your HD, you may have had a static shock. The PS could have been bad. Any # of things could have been wrong with it.

i'm guessing that can't be fixed eh?

is there a way i can actually test the hard drive to see if it really is dead?

yes. Try it in your original computer or buy a USB to ATAPI connector with power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back