Computer freezes during playing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizarre

So I'll try to explain my problems with this computer as good as I can. I'm sorry for my probably bad english.

After playing games, like IL2, for 2 to 40 minutes my computer freezes (game stops completely) and starts repeating last sound at fast rate. This repeating continues until I reboot the computer. This is also been happening for year or so, 'cause I dont have any money for new computer.
I've had also couple of BSOD's but mostly my computer just stops working, and starts repeating that last sound. Those BSOD's are mostly driver_irql_not_less_or_equal that also says something about nv4mini.sys.

I have tried other videocard drivers, but it didn't help. Windows has been reinstalled couple of times, and these problems also happen when using linux. I've also tested my memory, and it's fine. And almost every part on this computer has been changed. I think that the motherboard, HDD and dvd-combo drives are the only that havent been changed. You'll probably think now that where have i got money for new parts. I havent, those are just parts that have found from the shelf and so on.
I noticed that my soundcard and graphics card shared same IRQ, so i disabled my soundcard so that there where no sharing between those components, that didn't fix my problem.

My computer specs are in the signature, but if you need more info just ask :)

I have also included four minidumps on this post.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm sorry if this post is in wrong section

troubleshoot the following...

1. usually caused by overheating system/ cpu etc...
2. caused by bad drivers
3. insufficient power (check PSU) or failing PSU also check with proper tools.
4. bad/failing/overheating ram - test with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes
check the above.

1. My computer components are running at ~45 celcius on full load, and I think that's low enough.
2. I'll test another graphics card driver when I come from school.
3. My nexus 400W silent psu is new, and I dont think that it is broken etc. but if there is a way to test it with multimeter etc. have to test that too after school.
4. my ram (one 512mb stick 333mhz) has been tested on memtest. eleven passes, and no problems.

If you guys know some way to test that psu, and know which graphics driver should I change to, please share your knowledge. :)

So I downloaded newest Nvidia's graphics card driver, and they seem to be working. For couple days, or so, my computer has crashed only one time. I hope that this computer will not reboot, freeze or crash anymore.

Tedster, thank you very much for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back