computer freezing during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been an ongoing problem for a while, I just can't seem to fix it. Specs... Amd athlon 2700, 512 mb ddr pc 2700, 40 gig wes dig HD, Asus a7v8x-x MB, Sound max intergrated, Asylum geforce fx 5200 graphics, and windows xp. The problem i am having is playing games, they just freeze up (times vary)!t the point that i have to shut the power off. I even got so frustrated that i took it to the pc store i bought it from to see if they could figure it out, and they said it was a virus program, so they removed that and it played fine untill i tried to go online and play,then if froze like it normally does, I called them back and they said it could be the wireless lan i am connected through.. but that didn't make much sence to me! If anyone can help with this problem please do...Thanks. Oh i forgot my ps is 350 w

Have you tried changing the buffer size in the CMOS mode. You may want to crank it up to 32mbif it isnt already there. :wave:

Kalaso;
CMOS is in Bios setup, with most machines pressing 'delete'during the boot screens will bring this up.
The fact that you asked that question means your inexperienced.
Be yery careful what you do in there.If you make chhanges do them one at a time and test you system a while before the next change. Also write your changes down as you go so you can get back to where you were in case you have a problem.

Dam thaing

But guuyz my comp is runnin totally cool and it has all the requirement stuff but all it does is just stop dead and then I cant do anythin xept press the off button fu lak 5 seconds dude

dominantxz said:
But guuyz my comp is runnin totally cool and it has all the requirement stuff but all it does is just stop dead and then I cant do anythin xept press the off button fu lak 5 seconds dude

Not sure if you're the same guy or what, but if you're experiencing PC stops, you'll need to re-set or replace the CPU fan. I changed out the guts of a PC all except the CPU once before I noticed the stupid fan wasn't snapped down and didn't have enough heat grease on it. Go to newegg.com and by a cheapie little crap fan (so you don't spend too much money if I'm wrong) and swap it out. Your chip probably isn't fried because most chips have limiting and freezing mechanisms that halt the chip if it's too hot. Therefore your computer freezes. AKA you're playing BF2 and it doesn't freeze until you go online or you load a huge freakin' map with planes. I had this same problem (like I said) with BFV a few months ago and found out it was the CPU fan. $14 at Fry's fixed the problem.

Uot.gif
http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back