Computer freezing/restarting during gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. I am Hank. I'm new here. Got directed from a friend to solve a problem with my computer that's bugging the bloody crap outta me. But I can't seem to find the right forum for it... any ideas?

Here's my problem so that someone can tell me where to put:

Ok, my computer has been acting really wierd. I'll start up a game - any game, and after about 10-20 minutes of playing, it'll freeze, and my computer will restart its self. This includes Gmod, Warcraft III, whatever. It's any game at all.

Now here's the really wierd part - when the computer's starting up, there'll just be a blank screen with a flashing under score on the top left hand corner. Nothing else, just that. The intel Pentium logo will come up, then the black screen with the underscore. It'll sit like that for a minute and then go on to the windows start up screen... this is really getting irritating...

I've done a spyware scan, removed all of it, virus scan, no viruses, registry scan, fixed them all, and cleaned out the inside. Removed all dust. What is going on here? I've cleared off some things to help, but that didn't... what is going on?

Also, if this helps at all, here's my specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHZ (2 CPUs)
2046MB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 6800

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have retitled and moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

There are many possible causes of your problem. Overheating/underpowered psu/ram problems etc, or maybe it`s a driver/software issue.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back