Computer freezing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, computer keeps freezing. svchost running in task manager at 99% CPU. End process and my Dlink Airplus card reports no signal.

Have attached txt file of hijack this log.

Thanks if you can help. Gav

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can`t see anything obviously nasty in your HJT log.

Can you tell me if this is your ISP?

person: HINET Network-Adm
address: CHTD, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd.
address: Data-Bldg. 6F, No. 21, Sec. 21, Hsin-Yi Rd.,
address: Taipei Taiwan 100
phone: +886 2 2322 3495
phone: +886 2 2322 3442
phone: +886 2 2344 3007
fax-no: +886 2 2344 2513
fax-no: +886 2 2395 5671
e-mail: network-adm@hinet.net
nic-hdl: HN27-AP
remarks: same as TWNIC nic-handle HN184-TW
mnt-by: MAINT-TW-TWNIC
changed: hostmaster@twnic.net 20000721
source: APNIC

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

In that case, your system may have been hijacked.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

Post the C:\fixwareout\report.txt and a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of gavs only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

fixwareout and new hjt log

Howard, the fixwareout report just shows some Chinese characters either side of an end report statement? Hope you can make sense of it. :rolleyes:

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 017 entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Please note: If after doing the following your internet doesn`t work, you will need to do the following.

Run HJT and click the config button, followed by the backups button. Place a tick in the littel box next to all 017 entries and click the restore button/ok and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

This thread is for the use of gavs only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

New hjt log

Hi howard,

Seems a little better the Task manager is not freezing up at the moment when I check the running processes.

Internet connection didn't work but I checked DNS and it was empty, so put in an alternate DNS 202.96.209.133

Back on the web, seems Ok, thanks for your help. Will attach log and check your next reply to see what you think.

Lot of virus problems here in CH. Also got this persistent China telecom page that jumps in front of my preferred homepage before it is loaded. Real pain and down right rude, but that is another story. (sh.vnet is the culprit real pain)

Thanks in advance for all of your time and help. Gav

Hi,

Your HijackThis log seems rather clean. However, HijackThis is by no means a cure-all and detect-all.
May I suggest you visit this thread and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand more about the problems on your system.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Your HJT log looks clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back