Computer froze-husband did recovery??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjoe

:wave: Hubby did something to my computer! Argh...He thought I had a virus so I think he did the recovery. I came into the room when he was renaming the computer. Now I think I have stuff on both my C drive and my D drive? I looked at the drive storage and was amazed that it was almost full.I was almost in tears but I remembered this forum. I did all of the malware, spyware removal stuff and now I am lost.
I just did a Hijack This Log and I don't think you can access my 2 drive problem but possibly tell me if anything looks wrong.
Thanks bunches in advance.
Sandy

Don't know if I can just paste the notepad of my Hijack log here...???

I saved my Notepad logfile of Hijack this and it is a .txt document. When I go to add the file as an attachment, it says invalid filetype?? I am having a bad day!

Finally got it!...I had a brain freeze..Could I just restore my system to a date that everything worked? I am mostly concerned about my emails that were in my inbox. I can't seem to locate them now.

If you want to do a system restore, then by all means try it.

Once you have done that, please post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

:confused: Howard, Could you please explain exactly what happens when a system restore is done? I am afraid to do too much to this computer because of my lack of computer knowledge. Thanks, Sandy

System restore simply takes your computer back to a previous state.

See this Microsoft article HERE. for a full explanation.

Once you`ve done the restore post a fresh HJT log.

Howard,
Thanks for getting back so quickly. Unfortunately I went to System Restore and it only allows me to go back to Monday 6/12. My problems began the weekend prior. Is there anyway we can go back if it doesn't have those dates available?

You cannot go back further than the last date available. Did you try clicking on the month arrow, to see if you have any restore points in may?

It`s probably time to post your HJT log.

Howard,
Cannont go back any further with the month or the date. Please see post of 6/12 which I had posted the HJ logfile. Is this O.K. or do you need one from today?

I was explaining the condition of the computer to someone last evening and they said it sounded like my hubby "partitioned" the drive? Does this sound possible?

Your HJT log is infected by quite a few nasties.

Also, your version of HJT seems a little suspicious.

Uninstall HJT, then go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Make sure you only download the suggested programmes, including HJT, from the recommended websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back