computer frozen on screen saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help my computer is frozen on screen saver. 2 yr. old Dell computer Windows XP. I can access safe mode, but I am not sure where to go from there. I have tried to restore the system with the CD, but could not get it to load.

Go back to safe mode and remove/stop all screen savers.They have been a Boon to Windows since the beginning
You do not need
tsr's running to protect your screen or access to your machine.You can use Power setting to force windows to shut down the screen and a password to Login.

bhuman said:
Please help my computer is frozen on screen saver. 2 yr. old Dell computer Windows XP. I can access safe mode, but I am not sure where to go from there. I have tried to restore the system with the CD, but could not get it to load.

disable your screen savers and choose hibernation as your primary option for saving your screen and HDD from running all the time

HI,
Thank you for the quick response.
I don't think it is the screen saver, as I did not download it, it was on my computer. I can't seem to get to the control panel.
Everything crashed when I updated spybot. I went back to spybot and recovered everything for the last 30 days, but I'm still not able to get on.
Got any ideas?
Thanks,

All windows istalls have screen savers built in so you can disable it under display> property's page.
You can look in your ' event veiwer' to see if any applications are mentioned there as an error.
You can type " msconfig" at the Run box and shutdown auto start applications , one at a time to see if one of them causes your issue.
You can do all these things in 'Safe Mode'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back