Computer function stops randomly and I cannot open any applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimla

I'll try to be the most descriptive I could.

After at least 2 hours of being on the computer (doing anything! playing quake, searchign the web with firefox), the problem begins with the internet connection dies, I cannot open any applications, not even task manager. I cannot turn off the computer by using the start button, i have to restart the computer by pushing the computer button. Does anyone know whats going on?! Thanks ahead of time

(I tried being the most descriptive, so sorry if it isnt clear enough)

HJT Log provided

You`re running an outdated version of HijackThis.

Your problem may not be virus/spyware related, but it`s worth checking out.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dimla only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry for the wait but i've been busy, alright here's a new HJT log, and a combo fix log.

The AVG-Antirootkit is a greatthing to have, but nothing came up for me.

Thanks for the help!

AVGspyware scanner found trojan.feutal.av, i'll see what avg does with it, but does anyone know if this is the problem to my computer acting weird

//edit//

ok, avg spyware put the trojan into quarantine, if thats the wrong thing to do just tell me, again thanks!

oh and sorry for posting so much

I need to see the AVG Antispyware log. Please attach it in your next reply.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)

Fix all O18 - Protocol: entires.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: imgmsvc - C:\WINDOWS\repair\imgmsvc.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

This thread is for the use of dimla only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks Howard!

here are the updated logs of AVGspyware and HJT

I've done what you have said so far.

sorry i posted the HJT log before i deleted the items you told me to delete. here is the log after i deleted whatever needed to be deleted.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.net\partypokernet.exe (file missing)

Fix all O18 - Protocol: entires.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: imgmsvc - C:\WINDOWS\repair\imgmsvc.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your system looks clean.

Apart from the trojans that AVG Antispyware found, I couldn`t see anything that would`ve caused your problem.

If you still have the same problem, then I suggest you open a new thread in our Windows OS forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back