Computer Going Rampant

TheJediSlayer

I need some help here with my computer. Ever since I did what I like to call a partial reformat of my computer. That is to say that basically Dell loaded XP onto my HDD, and every time I wipe my computer, that part doesn't wipe out, and it just loads up again with factory default settings. Anyways, now things are really messing up. I keep getting the blue screen of death from time to time, I've got processors killing themselves automatically, and I play a video game that sometimes just freezes at startup. Basically, it's like the whole computer is having a massive failure to regulate itself, and it's becoming quite frustrating. I'm not sure why it's doing this and not being a PC expert, the only conclusions I can come up with is this. One, I've got a massive HDD failure going to happen soon or two, I need to entirely wipe my HDD, and reload XP without Dell's way of doing it. Any help at all would be appreciated in fixing this.

please post in the correct forum and take the time to become acquainted with TS rules. :)

Alright, well in that case can you please direct me to the forum where you would post such an article? Also, can I please have the link to your Tech Spot rules, as I cannot find them myself? Please.

I borrowed this helpful post from Daveskater
Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here

I have just found your other thread and am reading through it, so I'll post a new reply in there if I can help you.

you have several issues. Each could be posted in any one forum.
hard drive issues are posted in the storage/networking forum
software in the appropriate forum. If it's OS related, then go to the correct one.
hardware issues are posted in the hardware forum.

I assume you're intelligent, but you posted in the meeting forum which has nothing to do with solving computer problems. It's a general chat forum.

Back