Computer good enuf 4 grafix card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

Wasnt really sure where to put this thread, so dont shout at me if this is the wrong place lol :p

Right im planning on buying a erally really good grafix card soon so my com can run any game that gets thrown at it. Now ive spyed out this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102398R

looks gr8 and the stats look awsome, but the only thing putting me off is that fact that its says

system requirements:

300-Watt Power Supply or higher recommended
- Intel® Pentium® 4 / AMD® Athlon® or higher CPU
- One available AGP slot
- One power extension cable
- 128MB system memory
- CD-ROM drive

Now i knew that grafix cards need a half decent computer to run properply, but i just wanna make sure my coms ok for this card, it was really the " Intel® Pentium® 4 / AMD® Athlon® or higher CPU" bit that got me worried, as my cpu aint exactly anything special lol an i jus wanna make sure this card will run ok on my com before i fork out all that money for it. my stats are

400w PSU
2600+ Amd Sempron ,Socket A ( 1.8ghz)
1024 DDR Ram
GeForce fx 5700 ve (not that that bits relevent)
Foxconn mobo (not sure wot brand)

im probably just being paranoid but just wanna make sure :blush: as it does look to be a very powerful card

Hmm. Looks like a fast card. Is newegg for reference? I don't think they ship internationally. I'm unsure about refurbs though. :suspiciou

AMD Sempron *is* an athlon

You're fine!

Unless you really do live in Scotland, because the fellow is right, they do not ship internationally. However, check pricewatch.

Or use a company that give you a fake PB in the states, and ships to your country..
Adds a bit to the charge, but it might still be cheaper than buying locally.
(If you have one of those companies in the UK that is)

that was my next objective, finding out if newegg shipped internationally. I guess they dont. WEll dont worry ill find somewhere that does, at least now i know what card i want, thanx 4 the help guys :) :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back