Computer hangs with display hardware acceleration enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldude

hi , i have the geforce 6200 tc
latley my pc gets stuck, after i disabled the " hardware accelaration" it dosent get stuck, does it mean that the geforce card is not good?
if not , what does it mean?

tahnks dudes

Try updating the drivers first.
Make sure the card has enough cooling - see that the fan (if any) is running and that the heatsink isn't clogged by dust and suchlike. Remove the PCI slot cover right below the video card to get some better airflow there.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have merged your new thread into your original thread.

If ever you lose a thread again, just click on your user name and select view public profile. You can then click on find all threads by/Find all posts by and quickly locate your thread/post.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

a lot. can you tell me a thing or two about "hardware acceleration" ? and why it is (maybe) buggin my comp?

thanks again

daniel

I`m definitely no expert when it comes to video card issues.

I would agree with Nodsu that maybe overheating is the cause. The only other thing I can think of is possibly it`s a psu problem. I.E faulty or underpowered.

Can you give us your full system specs, including what video card and psu you have?

What brand it is, how many watts it is and how many amps it puts out on the 12volt rail? You can find the psu info on the psu label.

Regards Howard :)

well' try anyway. i dont realy know psu , this is my sensors monitore, 4 a start, do you know what the aux current? and why is it marked red?

thank you
:bounce:

hope it came through

hi!!! i tried' but its a " print screen" of a monitoring softeare, so i dont think it will print it on a text.

a virus is text, isnt it?

thanks
daniel

If you click on the first link in my signature, you will see how to find your system specs etc.

I really need that psu(power supply) info. If you open your case and look on the psu label, you should be able to find the info I need.

hi howard, im sorry , i opend the link " system" and i got a pake about a new cpu... am i missing something?

thanks, daniel

this the motherboard details

It would help us to help you, if all new members would fill in their system specs(specifications) in their user profiles.

You can do this by clicking on the user profile link at the top of any page and selecting edit profile.

Specs we need to know are as follows.

Mobo(motherboard) make and model.

CPU(central processing unit) make and model"

this is the page i get; i try to open the first link and i get a web site of"hp"

what m i doing wrong here?

thanks

ok ok got it!!! downloadin software now!!!

Exactly which link are you clicking?

I have checked all the links in my thread and can confirm they are working correctly.

I`m sorry, you`ve completely lost me. What system link are you talking about? I mean where is the link that you`re clicking on?

That`s just fine and dandy, but I still need your PSU details. The only way you`re going to get them, is to open your case and look at the information on the psu label.

sorry howard i didnt see the second page there... taking the risk of you throwing a computer on my head, do you mean for me to just open the computer and giving you the brandname and detailes written on the psu?

cheers

Exactly lol.

While you`ve got the case open, make sure your computer isn`t dusty, especially on the fans heatsinks etc. Try aiming a deskfan into the case and see if you can enable hardware acceleration. If you can, then probably it`s an overheating issue.

ok!!!

hello! well ' here we go.

k-mex
atx12v
max power400w
currentpk-400

am i on the yellow brick road there?

thank you
daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.