Computer has problems booting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin_Capacitor

My computer is acting very strange. recently It has refused to boot from a 'cold' boot (where its been off for a few hours before trying to be started) without considerable fiddling. Also, its not just one reason (ostensibly), I have been told that XP's kernel is missing, it has stopped at the blinking cursor, right after POST (before my raid card's bios utility), not even given video output, and stopped at the black screen right before the XP logo shows up. I recently moved my computer into my new case (antec 900, got it for 50$ from newegg on black friday), but that was not when the problems started, they started a while after that. After the computer boots up its fine, no crashes/freezes/instability and it can run as long as I want it too. And Im not sure if this is important, but the LCD poster on the back of my motherboard is messed up (parts of it aren't working; i can still read it but its messed up), i just noticed it when all this stuff started, so it might be related.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but Im really not sure what could be causing this. I think it might be the psu, but then why would my system work fine the rest of the time? very confused D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back