Computer heating up, fan make loud noise when it's a hot day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

Whats the best way to stop this? like the title says, its summer soon for me and i need something to keep my computer very cool and less noisy. I have a Hp pavilion computer and wanted to know whats the best way for my computer to get the cooling it needs, thanks for any help

There is nothing you an do in Windows to cool or quiet it down.........well except for the program speedfan, you can download that and let the installation screw up your windows installation, but really............

Try going to into the bios and turn off CPU fan controll or the like, this lets the heatsink fan run normally constantly and not let it fun at full loud speed at times.

The only way to really cool it down is to open it up and see what you have internally. you can get a can of compressed air and blow off all dust buildups.

You can replace the heatsink with a better quieter one, get faster quieter case fans etc. You can go to a PC service shop and have them install those for you if you dont know how to.

If you have a computer with really unique parts that aftermarket heatsinks cannot fit on, then you dont have many options but to get an air conditioner.

also, check for cables that may be preventing fans from spinning or effectively passing air.

Make sure your case has intake and exhaust fans. This will help with the cooling.

You should also clean your system out every once in awhile. Dirt traps in heat and heat kills computers

Speedfan will only work in your system has S.M.A.R.T HDD

Knowing how cramped and badly designed hp pavilions are, a new case with better cooling is the only real fix!!!!!!

yes, those HPs are simply poorly designed. i've encountered, on many different OEM brands, things like fan ducts that have dead-ends, or two fans blowing towards each other thru the same duct. i've even seen fans mounted up against a flat surface with no holes, in a sony vaio.

zephead said:
yes, those HPs are simply poorly designed. i've encountered, on many different OEM brands, things like fan ducts that have dead-ends, or two fans blowing towards each other thru the same duct. i've even seen fans mounted up against a flat surface with no holes, in a sony vaio.
LOL me too. My friend's old Dell had a plate on top of the heatsink so the fan couldn't blow on it. The fan just blew onto the metal plate and no air passed through the CPU heatsink. I was like WTF?!?!?

Dust really wouldn't affect it more than some things, but its still a good idea to keep it dust free. System fans help out alot, and u can never have too many(I got 3). Next, I'd recommend get AS5(Artic Silver 5) thermal compound. That also helps. AS5 is like thermal grease only better, so I'd recommend doing that but make sure you remove all the other thermal grease first before putting it on and follow the instructions on the tube. AS5 can be found at most PC hardware stores. You can also try just taking out the side panels to increase air flow. All in all try the AS5 but do it properly.

Cheers,
-Boost-

artic silver won't do you any good if the case has poor airflow. generally, the thermal pad present on stock and OEM heatsinks proves to be sufficient.

Dude, I was only suggesting AS5 AFTER he tried other things out. Like dust, that might cause a problem, or try removing a side panel, wires can also be a problem if not organized. Try these things THEN try AS5. I guess it's my fault for not clarifying that?

Oh well.

-Boost-

i suggested that as5 would not be nessesary at all, unless a higher performance heatsink was used.

or you can find a solution on water cooling, or grab that big fan and open up your side case, let that fan blasting the air at your internal computer. it should be helpful (dont worry, you dont have to use the fan 24/7 and whole summer. When the summer heat has gone, you can put away the fan and leave that case open.

First of all zephead, he asked for something that keeps it very cool and quiet. Changing the thermal compound as the last priority would accomplish both.

-Boost-

waterproof, anything to say...
-Boost- said:
First of all zephead, he asked for something that keeps it very cool and quiet. Changing the thermal compound as the last priority would accomplish both.
so artic silver does all that...i wasn't aware that the stock pad was so noisy...

if he were to replace the current thermal compound with artic silver, but still use the same OEM heatsink, there would be a neglible difference in cooling performance, if any.

a new CPU cooler would be needed to justify the use of artic silver, and even then the stock thermal compound would be fine.

basically, the use of artic silver wouldn't change the CPU temp enough to alleviate the problem.

if changing his CPU cooler and increasing case airflow wasn't enough...there isn't really anything artic silver could do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back