Computer is Hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop has been performing very poorly for the past month and I'm assuming its due to a virus on the computer. I noticed that there was very likely a virus attached to AIM, as it opened up in the background after being disabled in task manager and would continue doing so. I quarantined AIM with Security Task Manager and uninstalled it. This helped dramatically at the time and I thought the virus was gone.

Two or three weeks later the problem is back. I've run hijack this and I was hoping someone could take a look and help me with this problem.

*note: I've made multiple attempts at a system restore and it hasnt worked

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re running an outdated version of HijackThis.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
BearShare applications
BearShare MediaBar

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb

O2 - BHO: XBTP01621 - {F6104497-54FD-4688-9162-5115CC8AB0FB} - C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\BEARSH~2\MediaBar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: BearShare MediaBar - {D3DEE18F-DB64-4BEB-9FF1-E1F0A5033E4A} - C:\Program Files\BearShare applications\BearShare MediaBar\MediaBar.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\BearShare applications<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean. However, you should follow the instructions below, in order to make sure your system is clean.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of tarn151 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back