Computer isnt compatible for WOW. Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchCompFreak

I dont have the game yet but i m sure that my computer isnt compatible to run WOW. i ve already checked the "System Requirements Lab".
I really only need three things (Acutaly only two but i would like to meet the "Recommended" part) to get fixed: My CPU speed is a little bit low, i need more RAM, and i need a new video card.

My CPU: 1.79 Mhz Recommended: 2.0Mhz
My RAM: 255.0 MB Recommended: 1.0GB
My Video Card: 64MB NVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV Out (GeForce2 MX)

I have friends that play WOW with 1.79 Mhz of CPU speed and i ve seen that it works fine, so i m not really concerned with my CPU speed.

I know how to improve my RAM, i have friends that can install it for me, and i know that 1GB of RAM is pretty cheap.

The only thing i really need help for is my Video Card. I know that the one i have is really bad, but this is the first time i m gonna invest in my computer.
My budget it about 100 to 200 american Dollars (200 being the max).

I ve already been looking around for graphics card and i think i can get a good one for the prices that i m asking. (is this one good? XFX-NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Graphic Card)

any comments will be appreciated, thank you.

its 1790 mhz, not 1.79, 1.79 is horrifically slow. Your PC will play wow fine, its not really a demanding game.

8600GT is 2x the card of the 8500.
Or the 7600GT is a good non-DX10 card, 7900GS better.
It all depends on your budget, I wouldn't waste your money on a 8500GT (I did and RMA'd it 3 days later for the 8600GT).

but then again, i m not a computer genius and i dont know if my computer is PCI or AGP. how do u tell? apparently u have to open the comp and look at the "plugs".

yeah, i ve been reading about other people that want to upgrade their comp to be able to play WOW smoothly and i ve been seeing (multiple times) that buying a PCI Express is not reccomended.

FrenchCompFreak you do relise that PCI Express is the latest, and greatest graphics card interface? PCI-Express is highly recommended over AGP, or plain old PCI. Most graphics cards now use PCI-E with some models being ported over to AGP.

And you can find out if you have PCI or AGP by looking in the driver control panel.

Hurm, not really. Here, your PC sounds quite old, so save abit of money and get an entire new pc:

Intel Core2Duo E4300: £66 - $115
Asus P5N-E SLI Motherboard: £63 - $87
2GB Geil Ultra PC6400: £60 - $105
Nvidia 7600GT 256mb: £52 - $90
Total: £241 - $397

And obviously add a PSU, case and there, you have a pretty damn good PC. It will run WoW at max settings super smoothly. And will play more recent games very well.

That is what I'd reccomend as you'll have a up to date pc fitted out with the latest tech.

well that would be great but i m really not looking to buy a new computer. i already have a car to worry about and stuff like that. anyways, i thought u said that my computer should be able to run WOW anyways. i mean itll be the only game i play anyways, other than that i only use internert.

Yeah, your PC should run WoW fine on the lowest settings. I don't get it, have you actually tried to play WoW? If not just install it, and play it.

no i havent but according to the "System requirements lab" it wont work, mainly because of my graphics card. and i ve already been looking for graphics card. and I m 100% sure that it wont work. i dont mind spending 150-200 bucks on this but i m really not looking to change everything. i just wanna play without problems.

ad could you please tell me the difference between a XFX - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT Fatal1ty Graphics Card and a XFX - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT Graphics Card? whats "Fatal1ty" i mean i know its a brand that a gamer started but i dont really see the difference between em.

Fatality has higher clock speeds and is better. But I mean, you can spend $200 on a graphics card? But for $100 more you could get a whole new system, which would be LOADS better.

Also, screw system labs, the game will still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back