Computer issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiks

ive been having some problems with my computer lately.i try to run some high end games on my rig like halflife2 n battle field vietnam but after 5 minutes of game play it would crash my whole system.i tried to remedy the problems like lowering my graphics and nothing happened.i tested each of my memory sticks seperately and still nothing. i would jus get the same results.i upgraded some of my parts like my video card n my sound card and a couple of case fans.i also upgraded my drivers for my video card and the sound card and still get the same exact results.my computers temperature is at 52C,im not sure if thats normal.i dunno if any of these things have to do with my problems but i would appreciate it if someone would get back at me with some solutions.

thx
antiks

my rig specs are:
-amd athlon 2600xp
-80 gig harddrive
-1 gig memory (2 sticks of 512ddr 2700)
-ati radeon 9600xt
-sound blaster audigy 2 value
-motherboard is: Biostar M7VIZ
-antec true blue 480w atx12v power supply
-3 case fans: one antec led80mm,one antec tri coo lfan double ball bearing w/3speed 80mm, n a regular 80mm fan

For me 52 is a normal temperature. I've got the same CPU and it sometimes climbs up to 67 !

1) What is your FSB and your core voltage ?

This ps lists brand new 12.00$ us I suggest buying an new power supply like a Raidmax,Thermotake ,Antech these all have the important 70%plus efficenty rating ..replace the ps
lets do the math here i bet that is not even 50% efficent so that place it at 240 w so its working hard for that card procrossor ram pcicard and soforth..

Power supply is the most overlooked PC part but it is very important to get a good one..

here is list on the power all the parts of a pc take

COMPONENT POWER REQUIRMENT LINES USED

OLDER CPU 20-40W +3.3V

ATHLON XP, 60-90W +12V
ATHLON 64
P4

MOTHERBOARD 20-30W +3.3V,+V AND 12V

RAM 20W per 256 +3.3v

PCI CARD 5-10W +5V

AGP VIDEO 20-50W +5VAND/OR+12V
(3.3VFROM MOBO)

CPU CASE FAN 2-4W +12V

5,4000RPM HDD 5-10W +5AND +12V

7,2000RPM HDD 5-15W +5AND +12V

10,000RPM HDD 5-20W +5 AND +12V

FLOPPY 5 W +5 AND +12V

CD/DVD DRVE 10-20W +5 AND +12V

COLD CATH LIGHTS 3W EACH +12 OR +5

LED 1W EACH +12 OR +5

one question wat kind of ps would u suggest i should get? im not to familiar with the brands i should get for my rig.i dont want to buy the wrong one n then all of a sudden it doesnt work.

okay i went out n bought a brand new power supply its an antec480w atx12v
but apparently i still get the same problem. it still crashes when im playin the high end games.i seriously dont know wat else to do.i reformatted my comp again n b4 i addded the games i updated the drivers first,then installed the games. is this the wrong kind of power supply i got or is there completely something im not jus seeing here. can anyone point me how to test each of my drivers to see if theres anything wrong with them.im stuck n im jus spending more money which i shouldnt be doing.sigh..... :confused: :(

How many pins are on the connector?? and how Many on your board ?? if they both 20 pin you ok
As for your FSB is it set for 166 which is 333 fsb total?? to find this read your manual it is in BIOS you get to bios buy pressing Deleate key at boot ..

YOu have checked all the ram with memory test correct?? Do have latest Motherboard drivers installed also? Do you have DX9 ( installed ) do a dxdiag test.. START/RUN in box type dxdiag see what it comes up with..

okay heres the stuff:
-its a 20 pin connector for ps n board
-i have directx 9
-my fsb freq. is set to 133
dram freq. is 166
ddr freq. is 333
(is that correct or is there a way to change that fsb to 166?theres a setting in there saying my dram clock is set to spd should that be changed to 166?)
-memory is check out ok....
-now for mb should i update these:
-the chipset, onboard vga drivers, onboard audio driver, onboard lan driver,
serial ata driver, and usb 2.0 controller driver
or jus the chipset n vga driver.

as for the temperature of the comp its running at 55C is that good?

Not sure if this applies but have you checked the BIOS and made sure the onboard video is disabled ? ?
Also check the advanced chipset settings in the BIOS and make sure they match the recommended settings for the 9600 card you have.

patio. :cool:

Your fsb needs to be sit to 166 not 133 where it is at now and oyu will get better profromance from everything.

-my fsb freq. is set to 133

IF your procrossor is a 333fsb one which i pretty sure it is this has to be sit to 166 fsb in bios there might also be a jumper on your motherboard to do this check your manual..

when you update you motherboard drivers update everything ..

well i treid to up my fsb to 166 i looked in my bois n its locked on 133. i tried to look in my manual n its giving me nothing about setting the jumper or setting my fsb. but for some reason i got it runnin preftctly agian i unplugged all my things like my printer,zip drive, n my scanner n for some reason its workin fine again the way i had it runnin. so im guessing it has to be a faulty cord on one of those machines. but i really appreciate everything uve done for me man, u showed me alot about my computer that i never knew about. thankyou again for ur help man. :grinthumb

antiks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back