Computer Keeps crashing Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
im new 2 computers n basicly im kinda blonde pmsl so if ya cud help me id be gratefull
Recently my computer was reformatted n since then my computer has been freezin and ive had 2 reboot, i get an error about the display driver and ive reinstalled it but it works for an hour then crashes this mostly happens while im on the internet my motherboard is a ASUS K8S-MX SiS 760GX. i kno the problem is to do with the display graphics when i try to reinstall it i get an error saying file not found n setup exits also my APG driver wont unistall or reinstall i get an error message sayin update driver for plug and play error! if you cud help me resolve this problem id be gratefull
thanx x

It sounds like when your computer was re-formated, the drivers where not installed as they should have been. Who did it for you?

Before we can send you in the right direction for your driver, we need some more information. Your motherboard has integrated graphics, but you also have an AGP slot for video.

We need to know if you are using an AGP card for your video (and if so what card is it), or if you are using the integrated graphics on the motherboard.

After we know the answer to that question, we can help you find the right drivers which should fix you up!

my friend did the reformating for me but weve fallen out now so i cant ask him 2 look at it for me!
im using the graphics that are already on my motherboard i havnt put any seperate graphic cards in

Alright then, if we load up the drivers for your motherboard, that should fix you up.

but..... the ASUS website is down right now. Grrrrrrr.

Can you give a bit more details?

What drivers are you trying to install? (what are the file names and where did you get them from)?

How are you trying to install them, and exactly what happens (in detail).

In your hardware manager, what is currently listed for your video controller?

i dunno i kno naff all about computers lol im using my motherboard disk it worked a couple ov weeks ago when i bought the mother board! i get an error saying
error loadin SiSInst.DLL the specified moudule could not be be found thats when i try 2 reinistall the display driver when i try 2 reinstall the agp driver i get an error sayin
update driver for plug and play devices:error

Something is odd, and I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest until ASUS's website comes back up.

It is odd that you can not install the drivers from the CD that came with your board.

I see Didou is online now... maybe he can step in and help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back