Computer keeps crashing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

My computer has crashed about 6 times in the last half hour, all right after I open programs.

I put my CPU/videocard back to stock, took out my 2 crappy sticks of RAM so that it's only the high quality OCZ stuff in there now, and reset all the voltages to stock, but it still crashes.

I ran Hijackthis, and here's my log. Maybe I have some malware?

Hi,

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Your log does not reveal any hints of malware infection. Try the advice as given by almcneil and let us know the results.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of MetalX only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok, I got my minidumps... 3 from just today alone, and one from yesterday. I'll post them since I don't know how the hell to read them. The system crashes every time I open World of Warcraft, without fail...

I hope someone can help... but it's not as big a problem as it seems because I'm getting a new CPU/Mobo/RAM/HDD in like 2 weeks.

And here is my HJT log using the latest version of HJT in your signature momok after running the full (registered) version of Registry Mechanic twice and having it correct all problems.

It still crashes upon launching WoW, but certain other games work. Empire at War and Warcraft 3 are the ones I've tried that work...

So has the crashing decreased since using Registry Mechanic? Is is limited only to WoW whereas before it was all the gaming programs?

The registry mechanic doesn't seem to have had any effect :( although I will try the only other game that had previously caused a crash... Guild Wars.

Maybe the crash is internet related because the only 2 games that make it crash are MMOs...

EDIT: Just checked.. Guild Wars still makes it crash.

Do the following:

Start -> Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Event Viewer -> System

Post what the errors what the report on the error says (double click on error to see report.)

Ok, There are what the errors say in chronological order starting with the most recent:

Date: 30/06/2007
Time: 5:50:50 PM
Source: System Error

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 d000e886, parameter2 00000006, parameter3 00000008, parameter4 d000e886.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time: 5:49:13 PM
Source: Dhcp

The IP address lease xx.xxx.xx.xxx (am I supposed to hide this for my own security?) for the Network Card with network address 0017313B46FA has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time: 5:47:33 PM
Source: Server

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{9209DF93-3A20-4A3B-AC8B-021EB563B76C} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

Time: 5:47:25 PM
Source: W32Time

The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Date/time/source same as previous

Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.nist.gov,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Those two errors are repeated together several times after this, once at 5:47:23, at 5:47:21, at 4:21:58, 4:10:17, and 4:10:12.

errorlist.jpg

errorlist2.jpg

Hmm, strange, it's not crashing anymore. I overclocked my CPU back to 2.4GHz (from stock) and increased the RAM and CPU voltage, and now it's stable again :)

It's the overclocking!! You pay for it when you try something processor intensive!! Video will do that for you!!

I don't overclock. I prefer to get more RAM and/or faster CPU. Stay within your specs and you avoid problems!

But you see, staying within my specs was the cause of the crashes ;) I don't know why, it makes no sense... but I overclocked and it was fixed.

Actually I think it was that either the RAM or CPU wasn't getting enough voltage at stock, because I increased the voltage of both... RAM from 2.5 to 2.8V, CPU from 1.45 to 1.5125.

Looks like your problems is resolved, and is not malware related. I have thus moved this to the Windows OS forum.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back