Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Recently, whenever I play games my computer crashes. These aren't high performance games, im talking about Half-Life 1 mods here (Natural Selection if anyone has heard of it). Immediately before the crash, it sounds like my fan is whirring in a bad way and it sometimes clicks violently before the crash. Ocassionally when I am not playing games I will hear the noises but it very rarely crashes. I am not technically adept at computers, but it seems to me like their is a problem with my fan when running applications that require more memory and processing? Maybe the exhaust or the blades are EXTREMELY dusty? Im just making assumptions here. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated so much.

If this helps I have a 17" HP Pavilion Core duo laptop. My video card is fairly good too, a geforce go 7600. I have tried taking this model apart (very carefully) to try to clean it, however, i CANT take off the casing to get to the fan.

If anyone knows of a way to fix my problem or a way to get to the fan on this type of laptop i would be very greateful. If maybe i am way off in my assumptions, is there any other thing i can do to fix this. Thank you so much!!!

Selection if anyone has heard of it). Immediately before the crash, it sounds like my fan is whirring in a bad way and it sometimes clicks violently before the crash. Ocassionally when I am not playing games I will hear the noises but it very rarely crashes. I am not technically adept at computers, but it seems to me like their is a problem with my fan when running applications that require more memory and processing? Maybe the exhaust or the blades are EXTREMELY dusty? Im just making assumptions here.

Very safe assumptions and if you can't clean it find someone who can :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back