Computer keeps drinking my cmos battery dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvnug

I have an MSI Neo4 Platinum motherboard. After about 5months, I got a message telling me that there was a battery error. I replaced the battery and everything was fine for about 2 weeks. Then, I got the same message. So again I replaced the battery. It seems each battery lasts for about 2 weeks now, then goes dead. My computer is drinking my battery!! Is it a defective board or is it something else?

never heard of such problem. you might want to check msi's own site and contact msi's customer rep.

another question: how long lasts the warranty of this mobo?
because if it´s in warranty, you should take to the dealer and ask for another.

Well I just contacted MSI and they are having me RMA it because it is under warranty. After doing a bit of poking around on the internet last night, I have read that there were some bad MSI NEO4 Platinum mobos with this battery issue. Luckily I have another mobo to get me through until they send me a new mobo. Thanks for the help so far.

good to hear that. I am not aware of the battery problem (didn't see it posted on any new's site).

I think that my MSI K7T266 Pro2 can run w/o battery as long as it's plugged. It seems to be something else. Maybe the clock is battery-powered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back