Computer Keeps Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Lately my computer just keeps freezing on me. If theres sound, then it stops and the mouse is frozen and everything just stops. And I have to manually power off the computer with the button on it. I have no idea whats going on. I even wiped out my computer last night and it's still doing it today (twice already). I have no idea. Here's my HJT log if that helps.

If anyone knows whats going on or a way to solve it, I would greatly appreciate that.

Edit: I just bought a new PSU a few months back, so that shouldn't be it.

Is your computer an eMachines? If so, what is the model number? eMachines computers are not like any other system. All bets are off when it comes to normal trougbleshooting steps... You replaced the power supply, now your motherboard may be on its way out

Yeah it's a eMachines, I can't get the model number right now since my computer is running memtest right now, after it's done I'll get it.

If it's seriously the motherboard dieing on me, I'm wondering on how soon the next thing will die, because this eMachines has been such crap and is it worth it to just get a whole new computer?

The model number should be on the case somewhere. Like the CD bay, or on the lower front or back of the system... This could be caused by a bad hard drive first or memory second... then the motherboard

Id be curious to see which Emachine your using.
My Emachine has a pretty nice motherboard in it and Ive had zero issues with it since I started using it last year.
Ive made a few improvements like change the psu,add ram and upgrade the video card and cpu but overall nice system.

Many of the Emachines use ECS mobos and even though they arent considered top of the line Ive had few issues with them over the years particularly the Intel based ones.

The memtest should be done when I get home, if there are no errors, then what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back