Computer Keeps restarting giving numerous error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I think I have tried everything. When I was installing windows onto the pc it kept restarting and giving blue screens. It stopped for a bit and then all of a sudden it wouldnt even let me turn on the computer again. Now its fine again.. but I feel like its going to do the same thing again. I am wondering if anyone can help out with the errors. I tried changing the memory and running mem test with no errors. I also used memory that worked fine in my other computer and the same errors still occured. I am thinking it could be power supply but I am not to sure. Someone has posted to upload mini dump so that you guys can see what the error is so I am going to upload it to the file . If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Justin

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing with various problems, and bugchecks, including memory corruption.

I believe you have a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Guys I tried changing the ram with a new one and it still does the same thing so I dont think its the ram. One other thing to mention when i put the ram in a different spot, I get a black screen on bootup and it doesnt even go through the boot sequence. What else could it be. At first glance I thought it was ram too.. but it either has to be motherboard, powersupply or ram due to the fact that I was getting errors when installing windows originally.

does ur windows have sp2 installed on the disk. if it does that could be the problem. there's a file somewhere to download which will allow u to work(install) with the sp2.

Here is a list of your minidump errors, and bugchecks.

3 minidumps crash with memory corruption, and a bugcheck of 8E. Ram?

1 minidump crashes at nv4_disp.dll, and a bugcheck of 8E. Video drivers.

1 minidump crashes at nv4_disp.dll, and a bug check of 50. Video drivers.

1 minidump crashes with hardware, and a bugcheck of 50. ?????

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe, and a bugcheck of 7E. Windows boot up kernel.

1 minidump crashes at tcpip.sys, and a bugcheck of 50. Windows TCP/IP Protocol Driver.

1 minidump crashes at tcpip.sys, and a bugcheck of 19. Windows TCP/IP Protocol Driver

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys, and a bucheck of 8E. Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

As you can see from the above ram is one of the most frequent culprits.

It could be your physical ram/video ram/L2 cache ram of your cpu.

Alternatively, it can be cause by a faulty psu/mobo.

Check your mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Obviously you have some kind of hardware problem. Diagnosing exactly which hardware is the culprit can be very difficult.

When you put your ram into a different dimm slot and the screen goes black. This could be caused by a faulty dimm slot.

Regards Howard :)

Devide & Conquer

Well, your dump isn't helpfull. I would aproach this problem the old fashioned way:
Start replacing every part with a working part (that u know it works for sure....on another rig...).
Start from PSU, then ram, video card, cd drives (yeah, you'd be surprised...), H.D & finally Motherboard. Basiclly, you should find your machine working properlly during the trial & error process.
One more thing: If you installed Windows from a faulty cd-rom drive, this could also cause corrupted files in the system. So perform the test while trying to install a fresh O.S.
If all else fails, get a friend to help. 2 minds are better then 1...
Good Luck ! :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back